Monday, May 18, 2009

I don't do TOFU!!!

Ok, so my pills are gone!! Doctor says that since I have reached my goal weight and then some that I will no longer be allowed to take my RX diet pills. I was okay with this I thought. I am not so sure now. What if I gain the 54 pounds that I lost back? What if someway, somehow it finds its way back onto my butt and belly? That is when the doc informs me that I will have to stay on the "food" diet for a while longer. To ensure that my metabolism rebounds the way it should. Okay, I have not had a hamburger in 6 months, and he wants me to continue this regime??
So 1200 calories a day, no cokes, no sweets and limit the bad carbs. Okay I understand but I don't do TOFU! That stuff taste like cardboard and smells worse than that. I refuse to go that route. Also I need meat so vegetarian is not my cup of tea either. I know that I will have to examine many different recipes before I get it all right. Of course Lifetime came to the rescue once again. A new show called "Eat yourself thin."!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! I love it. So I go to their website (www.mylifetime.com) and I print me some fat free/low fat recipes. I am sure in so many ways that these things are going to taste worse that what they are made out to be.
So grocery day comes and I buy all my stuff to make "Sweet and Sour Pork Chops", and they are wonderful. I mean wonderful. They are on a bed of brown rice that is sauteed in chicken stock. I highly recommend them. There is only 290 calories for the meat, and 175 for a serving of rice! Since I have had nothing else today I can enjoy the low calorie dish that even my kids would eat. Thank you lifetime!!
Maybe I will keep that 54 pounds off without the help of anything but Great food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones